As I posted on my tumblr, the dish I miss most from before I became a vegan is the salad pizza from a Zukey Lake Tavern in Pinckney, MI. It’s located off the shore of, you guess it Zukey Lake, which connects throughout Southeast Michigan. The best way to imagine this, is mayo instead of pizza sauce, layered with bacon, then cheese and finally covered in chopped salad. It’s the greatest thing I’ve ever eaten.
But it’s not vegan — so I took it upon myself to make my own version.
12″ Pizza dough
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 cup Vegan Mayo
6 strips Light Life Vegan Bacon, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
1/3 Yellow Pepper, finely chopped
1/3 Red Pepper, finely chopped
1/4 Red Onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup Vegan Mozzarella
1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan
1 cup Spinach, finely chopped
1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Oil baking sheet with olive oil, smear along the crust and lightly sprinkle garlic salt onto crust
- Spread mayo through out the middle of the dough, cover with bacon pieces
- Place onion and pepper’s on top of bacon, then cover with Mozzarella and half of the parmesan.
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, cover the melted cheese with chopped spinach, place tomato’s on top of spinach and cover them with pinches of Mozzarella.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, remove from oven and let cool
- Enjoy 🙂